- 4-hour nighttime walking, trishaw and bumboat tour of Singapore’s Chinatown
- Explore Chinatown at night, when it's at its best
- Learn about traditional Chinese medicine at a local medical hall
- Enjoy an included Chinese dinner at a Chinatown restaurant
- Ride a trishaw through the vibrant streets
- Admire the illuminated Singapore sights on a bumboat cruise
- Shop for bargains at the Night Market
What You Can Expect
Experience central Singapore during the vibrant evening hours with this 4-hour Chinatown tour by trishaw and riverboat. With a guide, visit a traditional Chinese medical hall, walk through the bustling Night Market and travel down stall-lined lanes on a memorable trishaw ride. You'll also learn about the history of Singapore’s Chinatown, and cruise along the Singapore River on a bumboat to admire the city skyline lit up at night. A Chinese dinner at a local restaurant is included.
After hotel pickup, your tour starts with the drive by coach to Chinatown, one of Singapore’s liveliest neighborhoods. With your guide, walk along the bustling streets lined with restaurants and market stalls as you hear about the history the district, dating back to when early Chinese immigrants arrived here.
At a medical hall, learn about the traditional medicine practices that the Chinese have been using since ancient times to help regulate their yin and yang. Hear about various herbs that, combined with activities like tai chi, moxibustion and acupuncture, keep the neighborhood healthy. Then visit a Chinatown restaurant for dinner before heading to the Night Market, where you can bargain with vendors to purchase gifts and souvenirs from some of the many stalls, if you wish.
Next, the exciting part of your evening begins as you hop on a 2-seat trishaw, pedaled by a cyclist-chauffeur, for a ride through the busy lanes of Chinatown to Clarke Quay. Here, trade the trishaw for a bumboat, a modern replica of a traditional riverboat once used to carry cargo up the Singapore River. On board, glide along the river and admire Singapore’s illuminated skyline, including Marina Bay Sands Resort and the Merlion statue. When you get off the boat, your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (excluding Changi Village hotel and the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport hotel)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Chinese dinner
- Bumboat river cruise
- Trishaw ride
- Entrance fees
- Professional tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking, including up a long flight of approximately 70 steps; due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Singapore hotels
- Apartment/ Hostels/ Inn
- 6.00 pm Singapore Time (Pickups commence approx. 30-60 minutes prior to this time)
- 4 Hours 30mins (approx.)
Tour Conducted by
Singapore Attractions Pte. Ltd. (TA License No: 02913)
176A Orchard Road, The Centrepoint #07-58 S(238844)
Tel. (+65) 6717 2222
Operation hours: Monday – Sunday (0900hr – 1900hr)